We Provide One of the Best Auto Brake Jobs in San Jose, CA
Here at Akin’s Auto Repair we are very proud with our brake service. We provide some of the best brake work available in the bay area. We perform brake pad replacements, brake rotor machining, brake rotor replacements, abs brake system diagnostic, hyrdaulic system inspection and repair[master cylinders, wheel cylinders, brake calipers and hoses], and drum brake system service.
Best brake Job
We are one of the few companies providing on car state of the art Computerized Brake Machining which produces minimized brake noise, no pulsation, and excellent stopping distance.
WHY IS THAT IMPORTANT?
Because when a brake rotor doesn’t spin true (or warped), it will contact the brake pads twice each revolution (when your foot isn’t even on the brake pedal!). Over time this wear will cause the brake rotor to become unevenly thick and cause unwanted pedal pulsation and affect overall performance of the braking system.
WHAT WILL THIS DO FOR MY BRAKES ????
Many cars, even from new, have minor brake hub distortions. The Pro Cut lathe takes a tiny skim from the surface of the new discs to remove any hub or chassis misalignment that may exist on your car and would cause brake vibration after a few thousand miles. Brakes feel smoother and last longer. NO vibration
WHAT IS BRAKE HUB RUNOUT ????
This is misalignment of the hub onto which your brake discs and wheels are mounted, many vehicles are corrected at the factory for runout and subsequent fitting of new discs shows up this problem. Hub runout can also happen if a vehicle suffers even minor crash damage such as hitting a curb. If you have any brake vibration in your car now you CERTAINLY have brake hub runout.
WHY DOESN’T EVERY GARAGE DO THIS THEN ????
As a brake specialist we have tools most garages do not, including the New Model Pro Cut brake lathe. We want brake customers to be totally satisfied and confident in their BRAKES & driving experience.
We install Centric 120 and 125 series for all of our heavy duty, performance oriented applications. Higher density and treated for maximum heat dissipation.
Akebono brake pads are made to the highest standards, we take great pride in using this product for vehicles serviced in our shop.
Zimmerman brake rotors are a German manufactured product, designed to meet or exceed the factory brake rotor performance on many European applications[BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc.]
We use textar brake pads and rotors which are manufactured in Germany specifically for European vehicle.
Quality Replacement Components
At Akins Auto Repair, when we service your brakes, the job is done by an ASE certified technician.
If You Have Any of the Following Symptoms, Have Your Brakes Inspected
1) Pulling to one side when brakes are applied
2) Soft brake pedal
3) Brake pedal pulsates
4) Brakes make scraping or grinding noise
5) You need to apply more pressure than normal to stop
6) Squealing when brakes are applied
7) Brakes drag when foot is off the pedal
- DRAG – Sticking brakes, hot wheels or engine which seems to have lost power. Auto brakes may be failing to release; the condition can reverse itself, leaving you with no brakes at all. This would indicate brakes service is needed.
- PULL – Vehicle pulls to one side when brakes are applied. May be underinflated tire, misadjusted brakes or brakes are in need of car brakes repair.
- HARD PEDAL – Requires extreme pressure to make brakes function. Can indicate power brake trouble, restricted hydraulic lines, frozen calipers or wheel cylinders, or damaged brake linings
- BRAKE LIGHTS – Red indicates a problem as simple as the parking brake on, or low fluid, to something as serious as a hydraulic system failure. Yellow indicates deactivation of your ABS system. While your brakes should work, it does require inspection at the first opportunity.
- VIBRATION – Brake pedal, steering wheel or entire vehicle shakes, vibrates or pulsates when brake is applied. May indicate need to resurface disc brake rotors – or signal a serious problem of a loose component or faulty steering mechanism.
- SQUEAL – Brakes should operate with a minimal amount of noise. Some noise is normal but excessive squeal, screech, grinding, groaning, chatter, clatter or bang means your brakes need of car brakes repair.
- LOW PEDAL – Pedal nearly touches floorboard before brakes function. May activate your brake warning light. Problem may require a simple adjustment – or indicate something much more serious.
- GRAB – “Touchy” brakes that grab with the least pressure. May indicate a problem as simple as grease or oil contaminated linings – or as serious as loose or broken component ready to fail in an emergency.