Car Brake Service & Repair |San Jose, CA
Here at Akin’s Auto Repair we are very proud with our brake service. We provide some of the best brake work available in the bay area. We perform brake pad replacements, brake rotor machining, brake rotor replacements, abs brake system diagnostic, hyrdaulic system inspection and repair[master cylinders, wheel cylinders, brake calipers and hoses], and drum brake system service.
Special Savings on Brakes
New rear or front rotors & pads starting at $250 with installation (most cars).
Trust Akins Auto Repair with your next auto brake repair. Contact us in San Jose
Brakes Have A Hard Life
Every time you brake, all the kinetic energy of the moving vehicle is changed to heat by the brakes. Brakes operate in a very hostile environment, constantly picking up dirt and water and heating up and cooling down. In Colorado they have the added stress of mountain driving which generates tremendous amounts of heat when brakes are used to control speed on a long hill.
Quality Replacement Components
At Akins Auto Repair, when we service your brakes, the job is done by an ASE certified technician.
If you have any of the following symptoms, have your brakes inspected:
- Pulling to one side when brakes are applied
- Soft brake pedal
- Brake pedal pulsates
- Brakes make scraping or grinding noise
- You need to apply more pressure than normal to stop
- Squeal when brakes are applied*
- Brakes drag when foot is off the pedal
- DRAG – Sticking brakes, hot wheels or engine which seems to have lost power. Auto brakes may be failing to release; the condition can reverse itself, leaving you with no brakes at all. This would indicate brakes service is needed.
- PULL – Vehicle pulls to one side when brakes are applied. May be underinflated tire, misadjusted brakes or brakes are in need of car brakes repair.
- HARD PEDAL – Requires extreme pressure to make brakes function. Can indicate power brake trouble, restricted hydraulic lines, frozen calipers or wheel cylinders, or damaged brake linings
- BRAKE LIGHTS – Red indicates a problem as simple as the parking brake on, or low fluid, to something as serious as a hydraulic system failure. Yellow indicates deactivation of your ABS system. While your brakes should work, it does require inspection at the first opportunity.
- VIBRATION – Brake pedal, steering wheel or entire vehicle shakes, vibrates or pulsates when brake is applied. May indicate need to resurface disc brake rotors – or signal a serious problem of a loose component or faulty steering mechanism.
- SQUEAL – Brakes should operate with a minimal amount of noise. Some noise is normal but excessive squeal, screech, grinding, groaning, chatter, clatter or bang means your brakes need of car brakes repair.
- LOW PEDAL – Pedal nearly touches floorboard before brakes function. May activate your brake warning light. Problem may require a simple adjustment – or indicate something much more serious.
- GRAB – “Touchy” brakes that grab with the least pressure. May indicate a problem as simple as grease or oil contaminated linings – or as serious as loose or broken component ready to fail in an emergency.